Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vegan MoFo 2010 Survey

I'm still pretty new to VeganMoFo, even though I wandered aimless around in blogs last year without posting. Anyways, there are usually surveys floating around; I saw this on (Mandee) Cupcake Kitteh's site, and thought I should participate in this too!

What is one food you thought you'd miss when you went vegan, but don't?
Marshmallows

What is a food or dish that you wouldn't touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Brussel Sprouts! However, I should be honest: I've only found two recipes that I love, both found in Appetite for Reduction.

What vegan food or dish do you feel like you should like but you don't?
Rice milk (or any rice milk products). It just feels too grainy to me and reminds me of skim milk.

What beverage do you consume the most of each day?
Water

What dish are you famous for bringing to gatherings?
For my work outings, it is either double layered pumpkin cheesecake or quinoa salad both from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen Blog (if you haven't checked it out, you should do so!) For other gatherings, cookies!

Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
Whenever possible, use the cast iron skillet!

What's one food or dish that you eat too much off when it's in your home?
Chips and salsa

What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available repackaged?
Guacamole. I now have my family eating guacamole, so I can't really complain!

What ingredient or food is worth spending extra money on to get the good stuff?
Berries, broccoli, and oranges

Are you much of a snacker? What are your favourite snacks?
Snacking is my nemesis! If it is in the house, always chips and salsa. However, I eat a lot of hummus and crackers, yogurt and berries (raspberries or blueberries preferably), or peanut butter and celery.

What are your favourite vegan pizza toppings?
Basil, mushrooms, tomatoes, veggie pepperoni, green peppers, onions, garlic, and black olives. And if we have any fresh pineapple, that gets tossed on as well!

What's your favourite fruit and vegetable?
Broccoli has always been my favorite vegetable since I was a kid. My favorite fruit, boring as it sounds, is the orange.

What is the best salad dressing?
Cashew-based Caesar salad dressing. Oh. I might need to go make some and eat a salad.

What is your favourite thing to put on toasted bread?
Earth Balance Butter. However, lately I've been making tofu breakfast sandwiches with fried tofu, tomatoes, sprouts, and vegenaise, and that's pretty fantastic!

What kind of soup do you turn to on a chilly day or when you don't feel well?
Potato soup on a chilly day. Amy's No-chicken soup when I don't feel well (because I can open a can of soup but I won't want to make something from scratch!)

What is your favourite cupcake and icing flavour?
Tough question. I love the Tiramisu cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. However, I really like the Carrot Cupcakes from that book too! But my friend Erin makes these killer chocolate mousse cupcakes - I'm going to need to ask her for the recipe!

What is your favourite type of cookie?
Mexican snickerdoodle from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. My childhood favorite was No-Bake Cookies that my grandmother made all the time. I need to get a hold of that recipe to veganize it as well!

What is your most-loved weeknight meal?
I love cannellini beans with basmati rice and steamed veggies (preferred veggie is broccoli). It is super fast and simple to make!

What is one food or dish you enjoy but can't get anyone else in your house to eat?
My husband claims to hate tofu. We're opposites, you see.

How long on average do you spend in the kitchen each day?
1-3 hours, depending on the day.

As Mandee suggests, if you haven't done a survey yet, there's no time like the present! You should try one out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment